- Laura Clifford @ Reeling Reviews
- Excerpt: so overstuffed with life altering events some of them drift off into the ether. What [it] does phenomenally well, however, is capture the the immense power of the ocean and the strength and wits necessary to attempt to scale its biggest waves.
- Cynthia Fuchs @ PopMatters
- Kimberly Gadette @ doddle
- Excerpt: As one might assume, the surf cinematography is superb. But as a nod to the young surf king Jay Moriarty, rather than “Live Like Jay,” this film comes far closer to the opposite, namely a burial at sea.
- Susan Granger @ www.susangranger.com
- Excerpt: Bland and uninspiring, it narrowly avoids a wipeout.
- Peter Martin @ Twitch
- Excerpt: A good-faith effort to dramatize 12 weeks in the life of an apparently flawless young surfer is entirely routine.
- Jason Pirodsky @ Expats.cz
- Excerpt: The climactic Mavericks surfing sequence, however, is immensely satisfying, and while the script might not capture the magic of surfing, the images most certainly do.
- [New - 5/2] | Marcio Sallem @ Em Cartaz [Portuguese]
- Frank Swietek @ One Guy’s Opinion
- Excerpt: As family entertainment you could do worse. But you could also do much better.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.