OFCS members don’t just write film reviews. Here are several articles you might find interesting.
Best of Lists
Top 10 Time Travel Films
P.J. Hogan (Mental)
The 2012 Fantastic Fest (Reviews In & Out of Austin)
Festival Coverage – Toronto 2012
- Excerpt: I contributed three capsule reviews—of “Seven Psychopaths,” “Dormant Beauty” and “Stories We Tell”—to In Review Online’s coverage of this year’s Toronto International Film Festival.
Hyde Park on Hudson
- Excerpt: HYDE PARK ON HUDSON’s major draw is [Bill] Murray’s terrific performance as FDR.
NYFF 2012 Preview
- Excerpt: Tired of the “grindhouse meets arthouse” cliché? Well, in honor of Brian De Palma’s “Passion” I’d like to propose a variation–”grindhouse meets grad school.”
Tiago Ramos @ Split Screen [Portuguese]
TIFF 2012 Rundown
- Excerpt: A brief overview of this year’s Toronto International Film Festival, complete with a list of superlatives and a cheap shot at Canadian cuisine.
Oscar Preview: Weekend of Sep. 21-23, 2012
- Excerpt: Discussing the Oscar chances for Trouble with the Curve and How to Survive a Plague
5 Things Killing Doctor Who: #3: River Song
- Excerpt: I have long argued that River Song has become the central character and the Doctor is a supporting character on his own show. In fact, I now refer to the show as “River Song” given the prominence she is handed.
Barry Bostwick Returns
- Excerpt: Barry Bostwick discusses “FDR: American Badass.”
Cinema in Noir Celebrates Tonight’s Emmys and This Weekend’s UrbanWorld Film Festival
- Excerpt: We discuss the new trailers for the new Jackie Robinson flick, 42, and Beautiful Creatures, starring Viola Davis.
Criticwatch – The Watch Never Ends
- Excerpt: Consistency is the key to what we do at Criticwatch here in determining who is really bringing actual criticism and taste evolved by years on the job and decades of appreciation for the art to the table – and those who don’t really think before they speak or think much at all about the context of the film they have just seen.
- Excerpt: This movie looks like it may also wind up being either pretty gnarly or pretty lame.