OFCS members don’t just write film reviews. Here are several articles you might find interesting.
Best of Lists
5 Reasons Why Michelle Rodriguez Is The Ultimate Wingman
- Excerpt: After more than a decade of doing just that in one film to the next, Michelle Rodriguez has proven that the best wingman in the biz is actually a woman.
The top 10 movies about writers
Cate Shortland (Lore)
John Rhys-Davies (Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings)
Kimble Rendall (Bait 3D)
Ryan O’Nan and Michael Weston on Why “Brooklyn Brothers Beat the Best”
- Excerpt: Somewhere on the road from making a movie to its release, the Brooklyn Brothers became a real band. the film’s two stars talk about their light comedy and how they got serious about recording an album.
TIFF ’12: Patrice Leconte on the Beautiful Afterlife of His Animated Musical “The Suicide Shop”
- Excerpt: The French filmmaker behind “Girl on the Bridge” and “Man on the Train” takes his talents to the animated realm with this mordantly amusing musical comedy about a cheerful boy born to a family of misnathropes.
The 3rd ‘Yeonghwa: Korean Cinema Today’ at MoMA – Preview
- Excerpt: A Fish is a terrific combination of experimental film, spiritual odyssey, and paranormal horror…
By Any Other Name – The 2012 Toronto International Film Festival (Reviews)
Venice Film Festival 2012
Venice Film Festival Winners
Oscar Preview: Weekend of Sep. 14-16, 2012
- Excerpt: Looking at the Oscar chances of The Master and Arbitrage
5 Things Killing Doctor Who: #4 NuWho Fans
- Excerpt: The stubborn, willful ignorance of NuWhovians is astounding. If that weren’t bad enough, NuWhovians REFUSE to question anything that Russell T Davies or Steven Moffat put out there.
The Official Trailer for Steven Spielberg’s “Lincoln” Fulfills All Oscar Bait Requirements
- Excerpt: The trailer for Steven Spielberg’s star-filled historical drama Lincoln has finally landed! And it’s just what you’d expect it to look like–Oscar bait. \
Southeast Asian Cinema
- Excerpt: Even if editor Jean-Pierre Gimenez describes those who contributed as experts, I would hardly claim to be one. I will only claim that my knowledge of Thai cinema, which I wrote about here, and Asian cinema in general, is above average.